- 1. Fraud or abuse concerning the TAPP Me programme benefits, gifts and certificate usage will be subject to appropriate administrative and/or legal action, including the forfeiture of accumulated points and the termination of membership.
- 2. The Indian Hotels Company Limited reserves the right to alter, vary, suspend, amend or cancel the TAPP Me programme at any time during the continuance of the scheme.
- 3. In case of any disputes, the decision of IHCL will be final and binding.
- 4. Terms and conditions of TAPP Me dining are governed by the laws of the Republic of India and will be restricted to the Mumbai Jurisdiction. All interpretations of the terms and conditions and programme rules shall be at the sole discretion of IHCL.
Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions of the Taj Alliance Preferred Partner Membership programme
Membership and Enrolment
- 5. The member organization agrees to the terms and conditions of the TAPP Me programme by filling in the Enrolment Form for TAPP Me.
- 6. Credit will be given only for reservations made after a company or agency which has enrolled in the programme. Members of any other loyalty programme of IHCL are not eligible for this programme.
- 7. Membership of the programme is only to corporates and branches, and not to individuals.
- 8. Membership of the programme is not transferable and it is the responsibility of the Authorized signatory to inform TAPP Me of any changes.
- 9. This programme is not open to airlines.
- 10. The Indian Hotels Company Limited reserves the right to discontinue membership of TAPP Me to any member who appears to be using the programme in a manner inconsistent with the terms and conditions, or intent of the programme, or any portion of the programme, including, but not limited to reward redemption. IHCL also reserves the right to discontinue membership for any member who acts in a manner inconsistent with local or state laws, statutes or ordinance. Discontinued membership may result in the loss of all accumulated points and the cancellation of all TAPP Me points and all TAPP Me benefits and privileges.
- 11. The Indian Hotels Company Limited also reserves the right to levy a membership charge at any point of time during the tenure of the programme.
- 12. The TAPP Me programme will be valid for a period of two years. Members will be informed in advance about the extension of the programme or otherwise.
- 13. The programme and any benefit of rewards relating to it shall not be construed as, or constitute a contract, or otherwise establish a contractual relationship between Taj, Vivanta and The Gateway hotels and any TAPP Me member.
- 14. An e-statement for TAPP Me points will be sent to members on a monthly basis. Members are requested to track their score regularly and tally it with the statement. In case of any discrepancy or error, the same needs to be rectified by bringing up the issue within 30 days of the statement date. Otherwise the statement shall be treated as correct.
- 15. The first TAPP Me points e-statement will be delivered to a member in the month following enrolment to TAPP Me programme.
- 16. Any change of information as provided in the TAPP Me Enrolment Form must be notified to the TAPP Me Programme Manager in writing.
Rewards and Redemption
- 17. Members who wish to redeem accumulated points, must make a request in writing using the TAPP Me Redemption Form. All redemption requests, whether posted, faxed or emailed, should be approved by the Authorized signatory of the member organization.
- 18. An email will be sent to the Authorized signatory of the member organization to confirm the receipt of the redemption request. The request will be considered valid and will be fulfilled, except for instances where TAPP Me receives a return mail from the Authorized signatory within 24 hours with instructions to stop the processing of the request.
- 19. TAPP Me Points redeemed will be deducted from the member's total Points. The balance points, if any, will be carried forward and reflected in the next TAPP Me Points statement.
- 20. TAPP Me will require 4-6 weeks to process the redemption request for merchandise and 2 weeks for a Taj, Vivanta and The Gateway product, after which a redemption certificate will be sent to the member at the address registered with us.
- 21. Members can exchange the TAPP Me redemption certificates for gifts of their choice at the specified outlets. Please show an identification card, while redeeming the gift voucher.
- 22. A redemption certificate should be redeemed within the validity date mentioned on the certificate. These will not be re-validated once they expire.
- 23. The products mentioned in the TAPP Me rewards catalogue are subject to availability. In case the gift selected is unavailable for any reason beyond the control of TAPP Me, the member can request for an alternative gift item of same value. Additional charges incurred by the IHCL to deliver the gift (e.g., courier charges) will be debited to the member's account as TAPP Me points.
- 24. This scheme is operational till further notice. All members will be informed well in advance in case IHCL decides to terminate the scheme for any reason whatsoever. All Points must be redeemed within the specified time limit indicated at the time of termination of the scheme.
- 25. TAPP Me is not liable for payment of any additional service charges, freight, etc.
- 26. Any balance amount arising out of the exchange of TAPP Me redemption certificates shall not be refunded, either as points or money.
- 27. Holiday certificates are non-commissionable.
- 28. Redemption of holiday packages will be subject to availability.
- 29. TAPP Me does not guarantee in any manner the quality or durability of any of the items selected for redemption against the redemption certificates or otherwise.
- 30. TAPP Me makes no warranties or representations, either expressed or implied with regard to the type and quality of services and goods provided through third parties.
- 31. The value of gifts shall be inclusive of applicable tax.
- 32. The meals at the restaurants through dining certificates or gift certificates do not include alcohol-based drinks. The redemption certificates are not valid at the restaurants on certain occasions like Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day and during food festivals. These certificates are not valid at Rambagh Palace - Jaipur, Wasabi by Morimoto and Souk - Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai, Prego - Taj Coromandel, Chennai and Orient Express - Taj Palace, New Delhi.
- 33. The complimentary holidays at Taj, Vivanta and The Gateway can be availed of subject to availability. The hotel has the right to close out bookings under this category. No holiday redemptions will be entertained between 1st December and 10th January. All aforesaid Redemptions cannot be used for commercial purpose.
- 34. The list of rewards will keep on changing and a member can only avail the redemptions from the list, which is available for the current period.
- 35. Points earned in this programme cannot, under any circumstance, be redeemed for cash.
- 36. No request for changes or cancellations will be entertained once the redemption is processed.
- 37. TAPP Me is not responsible for issuing any duplicate redemption certificate(s) in lieu of a lost redemption certificate(s).
Point Earning Criteria
- 38. TAPP Me points are calculated on the basis of room, exclusive of all applicable taxes.
- 39. TAPP Me points will be credited to a member's account only when a reservation made by the member materializes and the guest checks out. Points for room bookings will be awarded at the rate of 1 point for every INR 2,000 of room (exclusive of taxes).
- 40. Long staying guest points can be earned only for the first 30 days of stay.
- 41. Rooms occupied as office space will not be eligible for TAPP Me points.
- 42. No points will be awarded for online bookings made through GDS, Consortia or any third party website. Points will not be awarded for materialized bookings made against negotiated and contracted rates.
- 43. It is mandatory for members to quote their TAPP Me Number each time they make a reservation. The Indian Hotels Company Limited will not give credits for materialized room bookings where the membership number was not mentioned at the time of booking.
- 44. Points can be earned only on FIT segments of business (charters, crew, etc. are exempted). No points will be awarded for conference and group bookings.
- 45. IHCL reserves the right to define the eligibility criteria for selection of members to participate in the various bonus offers which will be run from time to time. No disputes on the criteria will be entertained.
- 46. For the purpose of calculations of points, the room, booked by a member will be rounded off to the nearest thousand.
- 47. Points earned in the programme are subject to expiry. The points earned during a membership year (April to March) will expire 2 years from the end of each membership year they were earned in, i.e. points earned between 01 April 2005 and 31 March 2006 will expire on 31 March 2008. Members are advised to redeem their points prior to the expiry date as, once expired, the points cannot be revalidated.
- 48. Any member who has not earned points for a period of 6 months may be removed from the mailing list of active members. A member can reactivate the membership by accumulating points or any other such means that the IHCL may establish.
- 49. Members can only earn points from the programme start date as defined by the IHCL.
- 50. No points will be awarded for complimentary rooms, free stays and barter rooms.
- 51. For international hotel bookings, points will be earned at specified rates on each package. Your Relationship Manager will inform you about them. Points can only be earned at participating Taj, Vivanta and The Gateway hotels. The list of participating hotels is subject to change at any time, without prior notice. Please contact your TAPP Me Manager for any queries.
- 52. Membership will be terminated if there is no productivity for a year.
- 53. Membership is liable to be terminated if the change in profile is not intimated in writing.
- 54. Please refer to the website www.tajhotels.com/Reward-Programmes/Taj-Alli ance-Preferred-Partner-Membership-Programme for latest updates.